Realms of Kar'Kaish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Conclave Crusade

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Conclave Crusade Empty Conclave Crusade

Post by Admin Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:38 am

This thread is for OOC discussion for the Conclave Crusade roleplaying campaign.

No character restrictions, most of the story is in a thread in the R&D forum so didn't go too in-depth. This is just to get the ball rolling, and story is very flexible. Feel free to drive it as you like, but I can take it wherever anyone wants to go.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rokk.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Conclave Crusade Empty Re: Conclave Crusade

Post by Admin Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:11 pm

MN, Vander recognizes two of the men nearby as Inquisition employs disguised as lowly mercs, specifically the half-blind man eating his broth and the lanky archer. Vander knows that their function is to blend into the outer, 'safer' areas of the merc camps where the Inquisition intentionally patrol less often. Their function is to spot trouble brewing and alert the Inquisition to it once they can act and do away with dissident elements of the host. They also glean a good bit of information that no one would otherwise speak in front of the Inquisition. The entire system is designed to encourage people to weed out themselves, and has shown to be pretty effective.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MidgetNinja Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:14 pm

Ah, okay...do you need me to retroactively post that, or should I just make a note of it in my next bit?

MidgetNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:06 pm

Just to make sure everyone knows, this city is not the beachhead. It's not too far either though. No one except for the Conclave and the Inquisition (and some of the mercs chosen to scout) knows where the next abandoned city (the one mentioned in what people were talking about) is.

Also, at the speculation that the city is a remnant of the Great War (which I understand is a character's speculation and not Crom's), I just wanted to let everyone know it was one of the largest temporary cities that the people who founded Kailzim made. It stayed around for a long time, though falling into greater disrepair through the years, until the ferals arrived and killed off whoever was left. There were some ferals here when the Conclave first arrived, but they were either killed or driven off.
Just some more fluff.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MidgetNinja Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:12 pm

I had an idea for the next phase of rp, a sort of excursion into enemy territory by a small team (consisting of Nacatha, Ezsrah, Douvel, and a few NPC) led by Vander, with an objective of either capturing alive, or securing an intact corpse of a pure blooded Kailzim.

MidgetNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by CromTheConqueror Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:16 pm

I'm not opposed to that. Chaos?
CromTheConqueror
CromTheConqueror

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:31 pm

I'm not opposed either.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MidgetNinja Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:34 pm

Alright, Operation SUICIDE/See what the Tattooed lady can do is in effect.

MidgetNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:11 am

Other than the Kailzim/opposing force or whatever for this upcoming plot, what else would you like me to do MN?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MidgetNinja Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:14 am

Well If you have an NPC that would be in attendance of the upcoming briefing, or would like to tag along with the group, a heads up would no go amiss.

MidgetNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:16 am

Then the two Vëannëlanders will likely tag along. I'll post about them when you've gathered the entire group.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CromTheConqueror Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:09 am

My phone doesn't let me use chatango so any comments/questions you have for me tonight need to be made here. Otherwise I'll post what I can from my phone.
CromTheConqueror
CromTheConqueror

Back to top Go down

Post by MidgetNinja Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:13 am

What happened to your...'not phone' internet device?

MidgetNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by CromTheConqueror Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:19 am

Mine's been broken for a few days. I've been borrowing my gf's laptop.
CromTheConqueror
CromTheConqueror

Back to top Go down

Post by CromTheConqueror Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:57 pm

MN you are welcome to pop in and hurry along at any minute now.
CromTheConqueror
CromTheConqueror

Back to top Go down

Post by MidgetNinja Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:01 am

Okay I'll post something up, then you and Age can get yourselves to the meeting, and I'll take over from there.

MidgetNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by MidgetNinja Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:32 am

Your up Crom

MidgetNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:54 am

MN, what is the Kailzim force that the group is going after like?

If there's not a huge discrepancy, would you care if I sub in Vitrik and his group for it?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CromTheConqueror Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:02 am

MN will have to confirm but I'm not sure that would work. It's supposed to be a group of Kailzim a Conclave patrol encountered and skirmished with. We're out to capture the surviving Kailzim of the skirmish. I figured Vitrik would be the one we encounter along the way.
CromTheConqueror
CromTheConqueror

Back to top Go down

Post by MidgetNinja Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:50 pm

Well I already had a group in my mind myself, though I am curious if you had something in mind, why don't we all just put down what we were thinking what would happen and then go from there?

Personally I figured we'd run into the group without incident, whom are trapped where they are at due to a large group of ferals cutting off their escape. A debriefing with the scouts watching them, followed by a fierce, but short, encounter would lead to a return trip where some manner of ambush or escape attempt would take place...

MidgetNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:51 pm

See, what I was thinking was that several members of the Kailzim would be severely injured and couldn't be moved, especially since the group would be small anyway. They'd be holed up in a cave after sending out a single runner to the nearest Commissary to tell of the situation and ask for help.

Afterwards, a small group of Nightslayers would be sent and would arrive right around the time Vander's group would show up. It wouldn't be Seleyna's group, because she's too far to the west (and I think you mentioned something about this happening in the east).

They travel very fast compared to non-Kailzim.

Then, the resulting verbal conflict (before physical conflict, which can actually be avoided) will allow an opportunity for Nacatha to go with the Kailzim (because she actually knows of them and doesn't want to stay with Vander any longer. I asked Age if that'd be something she'd like, and she said she'd have to talk to everyone else).

As for who it is, Vitrik was commanding a small hunting party anyway, so I don't see the conflict. I absolutely do want all Kailzim under my authority and RP, or at least any commanders and groups (other people can have individual chars if it's cleared with me). If it's not Vitrik's group, I'll just make someone else up.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MidgetNinja Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:13 am

I do have to wonder how physical conflict can be avoided? I mean, we are very noticeably at war here...

That said it's not a bad idea by any stretch of the word, provided some clarity on the above I'd be all for it.

MidgetNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:39 am

Because large-scale conflict hasn't really happened. It's clear that there are invaders, but there's been no diplomatic approach, no "We are declaring war on you for the following reasons," which means there is opportunity to talk it out as long as there is no immediate hostilities.

Also, the Kailzim may offer a deal to let them live, considering there is wounded involved, and Nacatha might be a bargaining chip for Vander.

Stuff like that.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MidgetNinja Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:53 am

Right right, I suppose that makes sense, though it's rather hard for me to picture two well armed and opposing war parties stumbling upon each other in the woods, and initially attempt to talk their problems out before trying to cut their respective throats...

That said, I'm interested to see how it would play out, so I"m up for it, if you want to set it up Chaos.

MidgetNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:13 pm

They wouldn't stumble upon each other. Vander's group would stumble into an ambush.

So, you're cool with it being Vitrik, or should I come up with another hunting party commander on the east side?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next