Realms of Kar'Kaish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Concerning the issue of "God" Characters

3 posters

Go down

Concerning the issue of "God" Characters Empty Concerning the issue of "God" Characters

Post by Admin Sat May 22, 2010 3:58 am

We've already established that new characters in Realms of Kar'Kaish should not resemble Acria or Krasht. However, we've also decided that such characters would be important to lore and events. I got into the thought of naming this class of character as "God" Characters, short for "God-modded".

The common theme with these characters is simply that, in conflict with what we imagine to be a "normal" character, even up to veteran status, they would almost certainly win.

Now, God Characters are both undesirable for created characters and desirable for making the world interesting. So I was thinking of God Characters as a form of reward, with their own sets of rules. Prominent, active members could be awarded the ability to make such a character, though they would be disallowed from directly roleplaying them to a certain point. They will also be given the option of simply turning an existing character into such, though reasonable events would be necessary. When God Characters are relevant to current events, their creators will be able to roleplay them. They will also be able to be used in a kind of alternate-dimension arena type thing, where there's simply Out-of-Canon competitions that take place, akin to the Gamerisle Arena that spawned RoKK.

Of course, this is a plan for the future. Every member that we have now is basically a developer of RoKK, so this would apply to no one currently.

Thoughts?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rokk.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Concerning the issue of "God" Characters Empty Re: Concerning the issue of "God" Characters

Post by Tentacle Therapist Sat May 22, 2010 3:38 pm

This is a good idea, but can be tied into another idea that may make the work of dealing with players easier.

Right now, character power is rather arbitrary, and depends on the decisions of the council, though it should and I am not debating that.

I harken back to my suggestion for magic, and put forth a suggestion for a vaguely tiered system, that disallows people from making characters of a level that they do not meet the requirements for time or quality that we have put forth beforehand.

Example: A new player joins, or is interested in joining, and we do what we have always done. If they do not feel up to snuff, quality or maturity wise, we relegate them to lower power characters until they improve. This would prevent them from mucking up the efforts of the more skilled with a powerful character, but not kick them out entirely until they reach the rather... shall we say... demanding requirements we usually have. (Maybe this is too harsh of an idea.)

Addendum: If this were to be the case, or even not, I posit that council members should have a wide range of characters, spanning the majority of the levels of character power, as examples for non-council players to base their strength off at any point.
Tentacle Therapist
Tentacle Therapist

Back to top Go down

Concerning the issue of "God" Characters Empty Re: Concerning the issue of "God" Characters

Post by Admin Sat May 22, 2010 11:27 pm

I do like the idea of council members creating characters across the board, and giving members a better idea of what and what isn't a good idea for them.

The problem with regulating where someone starts is that it can show unfairness, even if it's not really unfairness or that it's justified, it's better for everyone to start at a single position, or around a single position.

I'm not really happy with how the thought of the council has been conducted so far... I think everything needs to be less administrative and more boiled down and available. I'm not really sure what I'm going to suggest to change it, though.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MidgetNinja Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:23 am

For what it's worth I like the above concept, a lot as it were.

I think the arena characters should warrant their own special class, and that should be a reward for dedicated/active members. I'm not sure what you mean by disallowing them to roleplay them, rather I think we should allow them to rp them in a different...setting...so to speak sorta outside the main stream rp world.

A place where they would face challenges that would balance out against their level of character...or something like that, I'll turn it over in my mind for a bit and get back to you guys, in the mean time let me know what you guys think and maybe we can work it out together.

MidgetNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:45 am

What I meany by not necessarily allowing them to rp, was more or less what you said. Whenever they would be rp'd, they would be roleplayed in more or less their own league of events. They'd essentially become "plot devices" which can affect the world to varying degrees.

It was also to express how we can't just wander into town normally with a Krasht or Acria. They would become, more or less, natural disasters.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down