Realms of Kar'Kaish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe

5 posters

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe - Page 4 Empty Re: Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe

Post by Caligstro Smith Tue May 28, 2013 6:09 pm

Spunky Charges Hiro (he said fight him...?) Battle Jump-Leap Attack Power Attack (for 5), leaping
Caligstro Smith carried out 1 launched of one D20 :
+46 (total divided by 4)
feet into the air and crashing down on the square to the left of Hiro, a claw tearing down at his head:

Claw Attack Roll:
+15

Claw Damage Roll:
Caligstro Smith carried out 2 launched of one D6 :
1 , 1
+15+10
And total Damage x3 (Battle Jump + Valorous)

Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe - Page 4 Empty Re: Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe

Post by Caligstro Smith Tue May 28, 2013 6:12 pm

Wow, yeah, I feel like the average roll on this roller is below 10... maybe I'm wrong and I don't feel like checking right now; I know my 2D6 claw rolls have been below average tho

Summary of Above:
Jumped 12 feet in the air,

Attack Roll: 20
Damage: 81
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Tue May 28, 2013 6:38 pm

DM ruling: If you really have the problem with the roller I guess it's ok to use another and just be honest about your rolls. I'd give it time just to make sure though.

I'm going to assume Spunky semi-understands the white stuff thing, but you did take a hit to all your mental stats. Roll a Wisdom roll again though.
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Tue May 28, 2013 6:55 pm

I'm not actually questioning the roller (since I've not bothered to check our sample size or averages or anything), more just complaining about it for catharsis... I'll stick w/ it regardless

Wisdom Check:
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Wed May 29, 2013 2:06 am

Dreamscape Room

Choosing to listen to Hiro rather than Eldin.

Spunky attempts to claw at Hiro, but misses due to the bluriness of Hiro.
Failed partial concealment roll. I did it for you.

"Looks like the furball fights for us! You mindless scum!" Shouts the demon as he points and laughs at Spunky.

Tiefling 1 attempts to whip Qarr, but simply cannot muster the strenght to do so.

Tiefling 3 sends his whip flying towards Qarr as well, but misses the tiny little target.

Tiefling 4 spins gracefully, swinging his whip at eldin, however in his spin he loses balance and his whip awkwardly swings and completely misses the Sorcerer.

I suddenly hate the D&D die roller...

With all four individuals just awkwardly standing there, nothing of any importance as occurs.

Despite the one demonic benefit you fools have, you are still pathetic! Screams the Sorrowsorn demon.

Eldin your move.
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Wed May 29, 2013 11:29 am

Dreamscape Room
Mr. Scruffy steps to the right of Eldon and claws at him.

Never rolled a check for him to get the debuff. Also, he has spell resistance 17.

Will Check
Philliam carried out 1 launched of one D20 :
+8

Attack Roll
+10
Damage is 1. (1d3 - 4)

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Wed May 29, 2013 11:33 am

Mr. Scruffy failed his roll but not by much, so he at least made contact with Eldon's Mage Armor or Natural Armor. I just wanted to make sure we weren't still under the attack swapping effects since every attack has been a miss since the numbers changed, and we had always at least made contact with our attacks even if they didn't do damage earlier. Once I hear back from Pablo about what Mr. Scruffy's claw did I will decide Eldon's action. I just really didn't want to accidently insta-kill one of my allies...

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Wed May 29, 2013 12:09 pm

Philliam wrote:Mr. Scruffy failed his roll but not by much, so he at least made contact with Eldon's Mage Armor or Natural Armor. I just wanted to make sure we weren't still under the attack swapping effects since every attack has been a miss since the numbers changed, and we had always at least made contact with our attacks even if they didn't do damage earlier. Once I hear back from Pablo about what Mr. Scruffy's claw did I will decide Eldon's action. I just really didn't want to accidently insta-kill one of my allies...

Mr. Scruffy fails the Will save vs the Sorrowsorn demons Aura of Loss, getting all the penalties (-2 to attack rolls, saves and skill checks).

His claw disappear into whiteness and reappear behind Eldin, making the sound of a cat scratching a post as Mr.Scruffys claws hit Eldins armor.
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Wed May 29, 2013 12:36 pm

Eldon activates his Circlet of Rapid Casting to cast *Mirror Image* as a swift action.

Number of Images
Philliam carried out 1 launched of one D4 :
+4

They have an AC of 10.

He then casts *Prismatic Eye*, summoning a floating eye to his left, and, as a free action available once per turn, directs it to attack Tiefling 1. It fires a ray at Tiefling 1.

Eye Touch Attack Roll
+6

Ray Determination Roll
Philliam carried out 1 launched of one D8 :

Prismatic Eye Details
Save DC against rays is a 19.
Eye AC is 18.
Eye has 9 hp.
Uses my saves.

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Wed May 29, 2013 12:40 pm

A blue ray shoots towards Tiefling 1.

This ray will turn the target to stone though I'm sure I missed with that terrible roll. Fortitude of 19 negates effect.

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Wed May 29, 2013 12:42 pm

Roll Concentration checks (2), You're still effected by Aura of Loss
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Wed May 29, 2013 12:44 pm

Ugh, too many things to remember.

Mirror Image (need a 22)
+19

Prismatic Eye (need a 26)
+19

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Wed May 29, 2013 2:15 pm

Dreamscape Room

Eldin succeeds in forming multiple copies of his hideous adorable troll self. Haha, maybe you should start using intimidate, 5 trolls is pretty scary.

Unfortunately the Tiefling manages to completely back flip over the ray, completely dodging it.

The Sorrowsorn demon begins talking:
Very well. I would strike at your troll, but it appears he is too scared. And why shouldn't he be? We have destroyed entire continents, all for the blood of my master. Genocide is easy for us. Your city of Gurrah is being destroyed by war created at my hands and your sister and home will be destroyed with it. For eons we have destroyed every city in this forsaken desert and yours is no exception! His words making Eldin feel an emptiness. Roll DC24 Will save (don't forget your -2 from the aura!) or be CONFUSED for 5 rounds.

And now, behold the end! I shall display to you mortals, the difference between you and I! A red glow travels to the end of the Sorrowsorn Demons arms Spellcraft 24 to identify..

Is, Spunky, Qarr, Umkelt, and Hiro see something Eldin does not. A many massive creatures, one would not be able to describe them in mere words. It is the most fearsome thing they have seen in their lives and more fearsome than anything they could imagine. Massive and filled with hatred, with black eyes with golden rings and dark skin. As they approache the partty the entire room becomes dark to the effected party members. Spot 15 allows Eldin to clearly see they are in a state of intense fear.

Everyone except Eldin, roll a Will save, then a Fort save (don't forget -2 to save for Aura of Loss).

Last edited by PlatGreenThunda on Wed May 29, 2013 2:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Wed May 29, 2013 2:21 pm

Will Save
+10

Spellcraft
+15

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Wed May 29, 2013 2:31 pm

Eldin recognizes the spell as Weird. A spell that forces everyone to see illusions of the scariest thing they have ever seen. Failing to realize the phantasm is fake results in the phantasm being able to touch your very soul and this may result in instant death from fear or a loss of strength.
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Wed May 29, 2013 2:38 pm

Spunky will save:
+26 (it's a fear effect right?, if not technically, then +24)

+19
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Wed May 29, 2013 2:42 pm

Spunky realizes the images are completely fake and does get bothered in the slightest by them.
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Wed May 29, 2013 3:21 pm

Spot Check (I guess I should pay attention to their possible fear)

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape Wed May 29, 2013 3:36 pm

If this can be counted as a death effect, then +3 to saves for Hiro.

Hiro
Will save
Grape carried out 1 launched of one D20 :
+8

Fort save
+11

Qarr
Will save
+9

Fort save
+8

Grape

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape Wed May 29, 2013 3:37 pm

-2 to saves for Qarr, forgot :/

Grape

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Wed May 29, 2013 4:25 pm

Hiro feels startled at first but then clearly realizes it's just an illusion. The spell has no effect on him. Glancing over he see Qarr is not so lucky.

Qarr begins to hyperventilate, he sees the dark monsters moving towards him. One touches him and he freaks out, he feels the monster plunging it's claws into him.

Hiro looks on as Qarr paniks so much, he then drops to the ground, not moving at all Qarr is dead.

Glorious!!!
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape Wed May 29, 2013 5:12 pm

Nooo!! My little Qarr! Although I only knew ye for roughly 5 minutes of game time, it feels as if I lost a most cherished friend.

Fortitude save to avoid crying (DC 15):
+11

Grape

Back to top Go down

Post by nightwolf145 Fri May 31, 2013 3:15 pm

I am going to die, am I not?

First roll is Will Save, 2nd Roll is Fort Save
nightwolf145 carried out 2 launched of one D20 :
4 , 4
Will Save Modifier: +2
Fort Save Modifier: +12
nightwolf145
nightwolf145

Back to top Go down

Post by nightwolf145 Fri May 31, 2013 3:16 pm

wow, okay... So, how do you wanna handle player deaths in AU?
nightwolf145
nightwolf145

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Fri May 31, 2013 3:19 pm

Well, first someone does a Eulogy for you in the OOC. And then you choose to play new a character (or one who surprising 100% the same as Is, except with the name Si)
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next