Realms of Kar'Kaish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe

5 posters

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe - Page 8 Empty Re: Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe

Post by Caligstro Smith Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:49 pm

Spunky Initiative: 
Caligstro Smith carried out 1 launched of one D20 :
+7

Spot & Listen:
Caligstro Smith carried out 2 launched of one D20 :
19 , 9
+1 each

I'll finish catching up reading stuff and then post if I win initiative.  I also noted the ray of enfeeblment.  Also I've forgotten and can't now find how much $ we get for another item?
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe - Page 8 Empty Re: Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe

Post by Caligstro Smith Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:12 pm

Oh, I just saw the offer of Bull's Strength and Cat's Grace.  I'll take those pls!
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:07 am

Spunky suddenly realizes he was buffed with Bull's Strength and Cat's Grace right before going into battle!  +4 enhancement bonus to both strength and dexterity for 13 minutes!

Grape

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:22 am

Well played sir Hiro... well played....
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:38 am

The Bird Room

Marcoh, who had spotted the large dodecahedron in the room, had waddled over it largely ignoring Umkelt and Is' very heartfelt reunion.

Fascinating...

Entranced in his study of it, he merely turns to Is and says "I believe I can make the mecha you want, in less than a week with this, now hurry, I believe you need to gather this crystal do you not?"

The Moooooooooooon

Meanwhile the rest of the party is finally beginning to react to what is occurring around them. Hiro and Spunky manage to dodge the worst of the blades assault, taking 24 damage and all moving up one square. Qarr and Mr. Scruffy completely avoid the blades. In the confusion, Hiro is unable to spot or hear anything of significance, but is able to determine what all the abjurations present are (blade barrier, protection from fire, Spell resistance, etc, see above).

Qarr and Spunky, however, manages to spot the same flying beast that Mr. Scruffy saw. By informing the group of the flying thing in the distance, everyone now notices it. Qarr, Spunky, Mr. Scruffy realize that it's much closer now (Wis check for Qarr, Scruffy, Spunky).

The two Tiefling Wizards manage to use the time everyone is distracted in to get into new positions. W1 moves himself diagonally to k14 and W2 steps in front of the cleric. W1 lifts his hand up and fire another ray of enfeeblement at Spunky, his gloves charged with arcane energy (Eldin auto recognizes them as arcanist gloves, anyone else needs a DC14 spellcraft to recognize). Spunky however, manages to completely avoid the ray as he passes through the  blade barrier.

W2 , seeing Spunky becoming way more mobile, charges his gloves and fires off four missiles of energy (DC no one care, it's obv magic missile). He splits the missiles to hit Eldin and his clones. The first missile hits a clone, as does the second, but the third manages to hit Eldin, overcoming his SR and dealing 2 dmg to him. (forth missile hits another clone).

Finally, the cleric charges his belt as he flies up another 30 feet, and begins to move rapidly. He lifts both his hands, releasing a wave of power that rushes out to the party (DC 21 Waves of fatigue) immediately every party member becomes fatigued. He then begins to move his arms in a somewhat spiral upwards direction, as he does a 15ft high wall completely surrounds Spunky, which then encloses in a ceiling. (Spunky is in a box basically).

Eldin finally dusts himself off and gets ready to wreck face. Eldins turn on initiative.
Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe - Page 8 Encoun11
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:12 pm

Qarr's wisdom check:

Grape carried out 1 launched of one D20 :
+1

Grape

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:11 pm

Spellcraft for Waves of Fatigue
Philliam carried out 1 launched of one D20 :
+19

Mr. Scruffy's wisdom check
+1

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:18 pm

Waves of fatigue is a spell that immediately fatigues multiple creatures, no save.

Qarr is unable to determine how far away the flying object is, Mr. Scruffy however manages to math out (based on difference in size since he first noticed the creature flying) that it'll be at the partys location within 2-7 rounds
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:48 am

Eldon thinks, "Hmm... Based on what his casting of Waves of Fatigue, he is probably an arcane caster.  Let's see if I can't change that."  Eldon activates his Circlet of Rapid Casting to cast *Dispel Magic* on the flying Tiefling (you can do the dispel checks for me to speed things up, +10).  He then casts *Spell Enhancer* (+2 caster level and +1 to save DC on next spell) followed by *Feeblemind* (with Spell Enhancer, will save DC of 25).

Check to Overcome Spell Resistance on Feeblemind
+15

Mr. Scruffy is going behind the flying Tiefling, so be careful in your attacks.

Mr. Scruffy flies behind the Tiefling and bites him (I'm guessing that is all I can do since I moved. I'm bad at physical combat...).

Attack Roll
+21

Damage
Philliam carried out 2 launched of one D6 :
4 , 6
+4

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:39 pm

As Eldin casts dispel magic, multiple of the buffs of the teifling seem to be removed. Hiro and Eldin see he no longer has his Death Ward, Spell Resistance, Protection From Energy, or Divine Power (curse you Eldin!!!).

F***!!!

Next Eldin casts feeble minded, but it seems to have no effect whatsoever on him. A layer of light seems to fall off the Tiefling (Spellcraft 18 to Identify it as Tyches Touch).

Finally the Scrufinator takes a bite out of the tiefling, leaving him with a decent wound.

Spunky's turn on initiative
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:40 am

Spellcraft
+19

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:11 am

Why'd you roll when you have a +19 O_o
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:39 pm

Apparently it's my turn as pablo informed me on FB.  Didn't realize, sorry!

Move Action: Spunky hops onto the wall and then moves forward, dropping down again (1D6 Fall damage is rolled below), and then moves to L19.

(I am incapable of failing the jump check to get onto the wall)

Swift Action: Activate Belt of Battle (3 charges for a full-round action)

Full-Round Action: First-round-pouncing-charge the cleric (who's 60 feet in the air). (Jump check DC 48; 60' high /5' (we on da moon mofos!) = 12' high running high jump -> DC = 48 )

Jump Check:
+45

Attacks (Claw, Claw, Bite, Rake, Rake)
Caligstro Smith carried out 5 launched of one D20 :
7 , 14 , 12 , 4 , 18
+20, +20, +19, +20, +20

Damages (3D6+10, 3D6+10, 1D6+4, 3D6+5, 3D6+5)
Caligstro Smith carried out 13 launched of one D6 :
6 , 1 , 4 , 4 , 1 , 2 , 3 , 5 , 4 , 3 , 4 , 3 , 5

All Damage is Double for sure (Valorous), but it is triple if one of my grapples succeed (I'll be ending my movement in a square threatening the target).

Grapples:
Caligstro Smith carried out 2 launched of one D20 :
6 , 18
+34, +34

I am choosing to not truly enter grappling with the Cleric, so it will be considered grappled but I am not.  

Also note that if BOTH grapples succeed, the cleric is PINNED.

Standard Action: Claw the cleric

Claw Attack: 
+16

Claw Damage: 
Caligstro Smith carried out 3 launched of one D6 :
4 , 5 , 6
+10

Grapple Attack (attempting to pin) since this whole standard action attack is assuming that I grappled him at least once in the above Full-round action:
+34

Another Note: W1 and W2 get AoOs on me as I pass them while jumping.

Final note: I now have improved multigrab so I take no penalty to my grapple checks when the cleric tries to get out of my grapple, even though I'm just trying to hold him with 1 or 2 hands and not a full grapple.
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:51 pm

Summary: 

My jump check to reach the cleric was successful.

Claw 1 Attack: 27
Claw 2 Attack: 34
Bite Attack : 31
Rake 1 Attack: 24
Rake 2 Attack: 38

Claw 1 Damage: 63
Claw 2 Damage: 51
Bite Damage: 21
Rake 1 Damage: 51
Rake 2 Damage: 51

NOTE: The above damages assume a x3 multiplier since I REALLY doubt that the cleric beat BOTH the below 2 grapples.

Grapple 1 Attack: 40
Grapple 2 Attack: 52

Claw Attack: 31
Claw Damage: 25

Grapple Attack: 45
(I'm pretty sure the cleric's pinned by now if it's not dead still)

Oh, and it also needs to make 4 consecutive DC 15 Fortitude saves or immediately die due to massive damage. 

FUCK YOU NOBODY PUTS ME IN A BOX!!!
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:54 pm

Oh yeah, and I almost forgot to roll my "healing checks"

Caligstro Smith carried out 4 launched of one D20 :
15 , 6 , 9 , 9

For each roll of 11 or higher above I heal 17 hp, plus I no-matter-what heal 2 HP from fast healing.
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:55 pm

Summary: I heal 19 hp at the end of my turn.
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:57 pm

OH, and I forgot I get another attack during my standard action attack from Haste!

Claw Attack:
+16
Claw Damage: 
Caligstro Smith carried out 3 launched of one D6 :
6 , 1 , 1
+10
Grapple:
+34
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:19 pm

How did Spunky get out of the box if it had a ceiling?

Pablo, "as he does a 15ft high wall completely surrounds Spunky, which then encloses in a ceiling"

This turn is going to be like "Spunky jumps, hits his head on the top of the box, and gets concussed.  Because of this, he is unable to brace his fall and takes damage as he hits the ground."

Grape

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:15 pm

Yeah, I think Kyle skimmed the post.

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:17 pm

You guys are correct.

Kyle there is indeed a ceiling above you.

Edit: Kyle just said he'll burrow instead. I'll update it and see if he can reach via burrowing instead.

Instead Spunky burrows diagonally one square, and sprints the rest of the way. He leaps into the air and activate's his belt of battle to maul the cleric to death.
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:09 pm

Will post tomorrow. No time currently
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:46 pm

THE MOON

Spunky, after mauling the Cleric and killing him, drops back onto the surface of the moon.

From around the right hand corner of the portal, another Tiefling runs, ending at O21, he channels his arcanist gloves and fires a ray of enfeeblement at Eldin, which is unable to overcome Eldin's spell resistance.

A forth Tiefling emerges from the left side and attempts to do the same. This time the ray overcomes Eldin's spell resistance and deals 10STR dmg to Eldin.

Finally an earth Elemental appears from the ground and attempts to bullrush the Giant Eldin, back into the portal/whirling blades. (Rolled the STR check for you) Eldin is pushed back through the portal back into the bird room and takes 47DMG.

Summary: 10STR Dmg and 47 regular DMG to Eldin, he is now also in the bird room

The approaching object is much nearer now (knowledge: Arcana), it's large and winged, it looks crystalline.

Hiro's turn on initiative

Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe - Page 8 Encoun12

The Bird Room

Meanwhile, while Is is taking his time in the bird room, he sees a Sun Giant Eldin all of the sudden stumble from out of the portal. Dr. Marcoh pays no attention to the recent event as is busy working on the Dodecahedron.
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by nightwolf145 Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:05 pm

This is after Hiro's turn, says Pablo

Is is initially very shocked that a sun giant not unlike Eldin tumbles out of the portal,

Uh... Guess there is fighting going on, huh? As such, he charges through the portal with Umkelt, lance leveled an ready...

As soon as he passes through the portal, he directs Umkelt to charge at the biggest, clearest target, the Earth Elemental with all his might.

Charging Full Attack

Is To-Hit:
nightwolf145 carried out 4 launched of one D20 :
19 , 5 , 12 , 12
+20, +20, +15, +10

Is Damage (If they connect):
nightwolf145 carried out 4 launched of one D8 :
7 , 7 , 6 , 4
Str Mod: +10, +10, +10, +10
Heedless Charge Dmg Bonus: +5, +5, +5, +5
(3 Penalty goes to AC, 2 Penalty goes to to-hit, already counted on top)
Spirited Charge & Valorous Lance Multiplier: x4, x4, x4, x4

Umkeltk the Ashworm To-Hit with Heightened Sting:
nightwolf145 carried out 1 launched of one D20 :
+22

Heightened Sting Poison Damage:
nightwolf145 carried out 1 launched of one D6 :
Str Mod:+10
DC 15 fort save for poison, 2d6 Str Initial & Secondary
nightwolf145
nightwolf145

Back to top Go down

Post by nightwolf145 Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:18 pm

Note: the fort save for the poison is actually 25.
Also, Spirited Wurm class feature: Ashwurm dragoon's charge does an additional +2d6 if he has spirited charge feat (which I do).

So here they are:
nightwolf145 carried out 8 launched of one D6 :
6 , 4 , 6 , 2 , 5 , 1 , 4 , 5
nightwolf145
nightwolf145

Back to top Go down

Post by nightwolf145 Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:27 pm

Summary:

To-hits: 39, 25, 27, 22
Damage of each hit: 98, 96, 90, 85 (369 if everything hits, I doubt it)
Umkelt to-hit: 32
Umkelt damage: 14
nightwolf145
nightwolf145

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next