Realms of Kar'Kaish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe Character Discussion

+2
Admin
PlatGreenThunda
6 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe Character Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe Character Discussion

Post by PlatGreenThunda Wed May 29, 2013 4:29 pm

Guy's let us all take a moment to realize that Qarr as passed away. He will be missed. His was a short friendship, but a loyal one.
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe Character Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe Character Discussion

Post by Caligstro Smith Wed May 29, 2013 4:42 pm

RIP Qarr.

Though we knew him for only a short time, those brief few minutes enriched all our lives, and taught us a little more about ourselves. He helped us all to see that all have a little Chaotic Evil in our hearts, and that while those bits of us are bad, they're still good. They will never be good, just as he never would be, and that’s not bad. There’s no one he'd rather be than he.

We can learn from him, and accept the bad little bits of ourselves as a part of us without letting it define us.

We will miss you Qarr.
Especially since anyone with a rank in Knowledge (The Planes) knows and can easily explain that you're not dead, just returned to your home plane, from whence we can easily summon you again and magically re-bind you against your will (again) to serve your True Neutral master as we work to defeat your brother demon and ultimately erase him from existence so he may never threaten our lands again.
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Wed May 29, 2013 4:45 pm

IF I COULD GIVE ROLEPLAYING EXP FOR THAT POST I WOULD.

I WOULD ALSO AWARD YOU A MILLION DOLLARS IF I HAD IT.
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Wed May 29, 2013 4:52 pm

Hahaha! Thank you. :grin:
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Wed May 29, 2013 5:17 pm

He is a familiar right? You need to look up what happens when a familiar dies because it is way worse than a fort save to not cry lol. It is more like part of your brain dies though it magically grows back over time.

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape Wed May 29, 2013 5:21 pm

With the little money we had, I wasn't willing to spend 38k negating instant death effects. I just got an item to improve my saves against them.

Also, Qarr was lawful evil, not chaotic evil. Weird, huh?

Grape

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Wed May 29, 2013 5:22 pm

Losing a familiar means you lose XP. It can be brought back but doesn't suffer any of the penalties associated with resurrecting or anything. In this case, I would just say Hiro does some ritual thing.

Since we don't use exp here, I would just do something like "you lose 2k gold of the 60k you earn when you get lvl 14"
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Wed May 29, 2013 5:25 pm

Little gold? We're barely behind Character wealth.

You greedy boogers.
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape Wed May 29, 2013 5:25 pm

I succeeded on the fort roll when I lost the familiar, so I only take half gold reduction Very Happy

Grape

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Wed May 29, 2013 5:30 pm

We had ~76k right? That's ~12k below the 88k of WBL at ECL 12... To be objective. Although I'm plenty happy w/ all the crap I've bought w/ my $ and didn't feel like I really needed more for where we are right now. (although I admit I made Mr. Body a crafter to leverage the wealth for all it's worth to compensate for being an effectively ECL 9 character who's playing in the ECL 12 leagues).
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Wed May 29, 2013 5:33 pm

Grape wrote:I succeeded on the fort roll when I lost the familiar, so I only take half gold reduction Very Happy

Because tears effect how much gold you get?
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape Wed May 29, 2013 5:36 pm

PlatGreenThunda wrote:
Grape wrote:I succeeded on the fort roll when I lost the familiar, so I only take half gold reduction Very Happy

Yea, because Hiro is just that greedy.

Grape

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape Wed May 29, 2013 5:39 pm

Meaning I would have cried if I lost more.

Grape

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Wed May 29, 2013 5:39 pm

Grape wrote:
PlatGreenThunda wrote:

Yea, because Hiro is just that greedy.

If only forums had a "Like" option as well...

Kyle Liming and Jason Gallows like this post.
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Wed May 29, 2013 5:55 pm

Hmm I thought there was more negatives. Maybe I'm thinking of Rifts familiars.

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Wed May 29, 2013 6:05 pm

I dunno -- I forget what happens in Rifts; I think there's like permanent HP loss or something really awful though
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape Wed May 29, 2013 6:06 pm

Yea, nothing big happens in DnD except I cannot get another familiar for a year.

Grape

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Wed May 29, 2013 6:10 pm

oh... bummer. You can't force Qarr back out of his fiery Hell hole to witness and assist in the merciless persecution of his hated demon lord enemy (I thought imps were demons, but if he's Lawful Evil, he's a devil, and thus is a sworn enemy of the demon we face, what with their eternal racial enmity)
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Wed May 29, 2013 10:17 pm

Yeah, something like that happens in Rifts. I also think there are temporary mental effects from the extreme loss.

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape Wed May 29, 2013 11:06 pm

TBH Qarr was never meant to be used in combat; he was just sort of dragged into this mess :/

Grape

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Thu May 30, 2013 2:42 am

Grape wrote:TBH Qarr was never meant to be used in combat; he was just sort of dragged into this mess :/

I totally forgot about him, you're the one who used him to fight first.

You can have him back after the fight is over. Like I said, say you do some ritual after.
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape Thu May 30, 2013 3:01 pm

So whose turn is it?

Grape

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Thu May 30, 2013 3:07 pm

Still Demons turn. Waiting on Shao to roll will/fort save
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape Thu May 30, 2013 11:58 pm

Poke Shao or roll for him.

Grape

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Fri May 31, 2013 12:01 am

I was gonna say "why bother I only post on MWFSS anyway" then realized it is MWF
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next