Realms of Kar'Kaish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe Character Discussion

+2
Admin
PlatGreenThunda
6 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe Character Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe Character Discussion

Post by Philliam Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:03 pm

Sorry I've been mia, I was really busy at the end of last week and out of town this weekend.  I should be able to get all leveled up by Wednesday.  Is there any class you think might be a good idea for Eldon's sister (Phoenix priest)? I might make her a character.  I could obviously do cleric, but anything more interesting?

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe Character Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe Character Discussion

Post by Caligstro Smith Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:18 pm

MAKE HER A PHOENIX DISCIPLE MONK! It's a monk variant with substitution levels at 1, 3, and 6 or 7? I made a fire bender build that uses it for the first 3 levels... I'll send it to you if you're interested. It's a really strong build, is heavily fire-themed, and it fits in well with our "we are all TONS OF DAMAGE characters"
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:25 am

It's cool Phillip. Thats one of the nice things about PBP is that it makes it easy for busy people.

TBH I'm uber partial to Clerics because they can do everything with lots of different flavors. I'll look around though, I think there are a few pheonix based classes I think.
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:33 pm

So, some fire based divine classes or can easily be made fire based.
Shugenja: Divine spells focusing on an elemental focus, it's in Complete Divine

Evangelist Cleric Variant: Lose turning (doesn't make sense flavor wise anyway), become a spontaneous caster, but you end up adding up to 6 Domains to your spell list and gain up to 6 bonus spells known (basically becomes a sorcerer 2.0). You can easily choose all fireish domains.

Silver Pyromancer: Caster who is an Arcane Champion of the Church of the Silver Flame, with a bit of refluff it kind of fills in the gist of what you're thinking of. Only real problem with it is that it requires the ability to turn undead and cast arcane spells. So you need 1 level in cleric or you can take 1 level in the PRC Sacred Exorcist (so you don't lose a arcane casting level)

There is also Pyrokineticist if you're into psionics.
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:46 pm

I think I'm just going to do Cleric, I don' have time to wade through which of these is best, I glanced at them and it isn't obvious to me so yay cleric!

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:55 pm

I don't understand why Silver Pyromancer doesn't have "your fire spells are silver colored" as a class feature :/
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:38 am

Pablo, I actually double checked into that already and just looked again to make sure. A quickened spell is a free action according to the PHB and Assay Resistance is a swift action. Quicken spell is just limited to only one quickened spell per turn so it isn't broken. However, in Complete Arcane, they changed quicken spell to a swift action. Sorry, magikz iz hardz.

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:54 am

My bad D:
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:02 pm

D20 SRD goes with the Complete Arcane ruling. It is really up to you. I just didn't realize there had been changes.

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:21 pm

Nah, it's fine. Keep with that for all future uses. If I end up confused again just remind me
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:48 pm

Yes! This makes my spell choices and builds viable again! Both characters are big into Quicken Spell because otherwise all the killing gets done before I do anything Sad

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:50 pm

Philliam wrote:Yes!  This makes my spell choices and builds viable again!  Both characters are big into Quicken Spell because otherwise all the killing gets done before I do anything Sad
D:

I didn't want to invalidate your build, my b.

PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:32 pm

I know...

Shouldn't the Bone Devil be attacking someone evil nearby?

Also, were really ALL of our spell resistances overcome in that last round? After this battle, Alanna is going to pray for a refund on her 8th level spell slot.

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:53 pm

Philliam wrote:I know...

Shouldn't the Bone Devil be attacking someone evil nearby?

Also, were really ALL of our spell resistances overcome in that last round?  After this battle, Alanna is going to pray for a refund on her 8th level spell slot.
1) The spell specifies they have to fight to the best of their ability and they don't ignore other threats. The Bone Devil summoned because he thought it was the best way to deal with both. TBH when moving the Lemures (I think that' their name) I effed up on their movement. I'll make up for it though.

2) FREAK, I forgot, good catch, I only rolled for Eldins SR. One second.

3) This fight is hard for me, sorry

4) Fixed, TBH SR is one of the easiest things to overcome unless they're much higher level.
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9