Realms of Kar'Kaish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe Character Discussion

+2
Admin
PlatGreenThunda
6 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe Character Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe Character Discussion

Post by Caligstro Smith Tue May 21, 2013 4:12 pm

Just thought: It's kinda funny, but if my characters were switched in encounters they'd be so much better off... Mr. Body's in nearly melee with (probably) casters, and has both Spellcraft and Knowledge: The Planes (the latter he's actually REALLY good at since he needs 12 ranks just for his PRC, and he gets a monster INT bonus), and Spunky is far away, probably surrounded by indestructium everywhere, and has an INT of 4.
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe Character Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe Character Discussion

Post by PlatGreenThunda Tue May 21, 2013 4:28 pm

Too bad Kyle.

Also that completely OOC of character post should be here TBH. The map is for the Pheonix Temple group.

PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Tue May 21, 2013 9:24 pm

Soz. I'll move it and edit into this post.

EDIT:

to clarify: that map is for the phoenix temple group, yes?

Also, how many gnomes and elves?

Is everything ever still all made out of indestructium?

And the only people who can make any of those checks for the phoenix temple group would be Hiro or Eldin... Grape? Vlaplayer? You guys ready/there yet?

Finally, I propose that since there are 2 totally different groups right now, that all posts use <b><size=18></size></b> tags (replace <> with []) to make a header for whatever location/scene being addressed.
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Tue May 21, 2013 10:16 pm

Caligstro Smith wrote:Soz. I'll move it and edit into this post.

EDIT:

to clarify: that map is for the phoenix temple group, yes?
Yes

Also, how many gnomes and elves?
13 gnomes, 12 star elves

Is everything ever still all made out of indestructium?
The door behind you is

And the only people who can make any of those checks for the phoenix temple group would be Hiro or Eldin... Grape? Vlaplayer? You guys ready/there yet?
In hindsight, Knowledge (Local) will suffice as well

Finally, I propose that since there are 2 totally different groups right now, that all posts use <b><size=18></size></b> tags (replace <> with []) to make a header for whatever location/scene being addressed.
I will do so.

TBH in hindsight, the first two questions make sense to ask in the origional thread
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Wed May 22, 2013 8:18 am

I'm not moving them again, it'll just get confusing at that point.

I still don't have knowledge local, :/

Also, as a clarification, the proposal for headings on posts in the main RP thread was directed at everybody, since people's responses to the two scenes will be interleaved.
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Wed May 22, 2013 9:45 am

There are too many awesome level 6 spells! I can't decide!

Howling Chain seems really useful since it continually chases the target even if they save, but can only effect one target and doesn't as much CC as other spells.

Prismatic Eye has a chance to insta-kill/petrify/planar shift, does lots of damage, but is dragged out over several rounds and can be killed.

Ghorus Toth's Magnetism is hilarious and has lots of aoe CC potential though can be situational.

Repulsion is a good protective spell, but only against melee enemies.

I'm leaning towards the Magnetism spell for the fun factor. Any opinions?

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Wed May 22, 2013 12:54 pm

Oh my gosh, the magnetism spell is hilarious.

Personally I like the Magnetism one due to flavor.

Superiorly I prefer the Primatic eye.

Keep in mind magnetism will make the party lose gear as well.
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Wed May 22, 2013 4:42 pm

Only if they go into range. Very Happy

I figured out how to fix my delimma. I will get Howling Chains and Repulsion later maybe, but I went with Prismatic Eye for my lvl 6 spell since you can cast multiple ones and bought a +1 Deep Crystal Heavy Mace of Ghorus Toth's Magnetism. I had to make it Deep Crystal because then I can avoid the effects without the mace being easily destroyed.

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Thu May 23, 2013 10:41 am

So I'm a little unsure about Sculpt Spell and how it will work on some spells.

Say I want to sculpt a fireball. Sculpt Spell says it doesn't change anything about how the spell works except the area of the effect. So say I made it a cone. Wouldn't I still be able to fire it at a distance and have the cone originate from there in whatever direction I wanted or would I have to have it start from me like most cone spells?

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Thu May 23, 2013 1:33 pm

DM ruling: It literally is only changing the shape, not the range. So the cone does not have to originate from you.
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape Thu May 23, 2013 1:35 pm

For Pablo: it might be easier to do battles if the grids were numbered down rows and lettered across top like a chess board. So we can say "My character moves to space D3 and attacks the kobold in D4" since we aren't using a real-time system.

Also, can anyone in the Bird Room group heal?

Grape

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Thu May 23, 2013 1:50 pm

Grape wrote:For Pablo: it might be easier to do battles if the grids were numbered down rows and lettered across top like a chess board. So we can say "My character moves to space D3 and attacks the kobold in D4" since we aren't using a real-time system.

Also, can anyone in the Bird Room group heal?

You're smart. I should do that.
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Thu May 23, 2013 5:31 pm

I heal myself. That's it. Sorry, spunky's very self-centered.
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Thu May 23, 2013 9:02 pm

Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Thu May 23, 2013 9:20 pm

Eldon's Character Sheet

thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=68905

It wouldn't let me post a normal link because my account is too young, so that is why I had to cut out the beginning of the address.

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Thu May 23, 2013 9:33 pm

Is it a time thing or a postcount thing, out of curiosity?
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape Fri May 24, 2013 12:54 am

Hiro:
thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=70111

"New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days. Please contact the forum administrator for more information."

Grape

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Fri May 24, 2013 11:01 am

Additional question for the DM. The feat Explosive Spell is written to say that it moves targets out of the area of effect. How exactly are you going to rule this for spells with some sort of direction? See the following example (this is my planned attack for the Tieflings).

I am sculpting a fireball to be a line effect. Since fireball is directional not just statically effecting a given area (described as blossoming from point of origin), will this cause enemies to be pushed to the end of the line or just pushed to the left or right out of the effected square. I feel like something such as Wall of Fire or Glitterdust would just shove enemies to the closest uneffected square, but if the description says something about the effect traveling in a particular way it would move things in the same direction as it was traveling though this isn't really how the Feat is worded.

Let me know what you think since it will likely change my feat choices from leveling up to 12.

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Fri May 24, 2013 12:30 pm

The spell fireball is a single point that travels to the middle of the effect then expands outwards.

In the case of a line, your point would travel to where the line begins and then expand to the other end of the line and therefore push them in that direction (as opposed to perpendicular to the line). Basically however the spell travels from propagation is how enemies will be pushed (but this makes the feat way better! I know).

PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape Fri May 24, 2013 2:42 pm

We should use the Mech in the Bird Room.

Grape

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape Fri May 24, 2013 3:39 pm

Also, what are the rules for leveling up a familiar? I have an imp, (base stats are here: d20srd.org/srd/monsters/devil.htm). Does the level of the familiar match the PC (so level 12 imp) or do I just keep the base stats? I know it shares skill ranks, BAB, 1/2 HP, and saves with the PC.

Grape

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Fri May 24, 2013 4:50 pm

That's basically how it advances, like you said. It's HD is treated as your class level that granted the familiar, but the HP is always 1/2 your hp, regardless of HD. BAB, saves, feats and bonus attribute points are all based on HD as any other creature. Skill ranks are treated as same as your character, like you said. That's all that a familiar advances (besides familiar abilities from the class feature like speak w/ master, scrying, etc)
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape Sat May 25, 2013 5:19 pm

Grape

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Sat May 25, 2013 10:25 pm

Is Hiro Evil?
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape Sun May 26, 2013 2:58 am

I read you can take a familiar one step away on both alignment axis, so I can use an imp. Hiro is neutral.

Grape

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next