Realms of Kar'Kaish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe Character Discussion

+2
Admin
PlatGreenThunda
6 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe Character Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe Character Discussion

Post by PlatGreenThunda Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:03 am

Forget having to pay to regain Qarr btw
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe Character Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe Character Discussion

Post by Grape Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:39 pm

K

Grape

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:44 pm

Btw, I posted the Rules/description of the Dreamscape encounter. It's a lot of stuff TBH.
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:59 pm

I don't think this encounter was necessarily too hard; however, I also think we were lucky that more of us didn't die.  Eldon was almost one-shot right off the bat because he didn't get all of his spell prep up in time.  He didn't have Shield, Improved Blink, Mirror Image, or Polymorph on himself nor did he have a chance to cast Haste or Mass Fire Shield on the group.  If we had been the ones surprised, we would definitely have gotten crushed which I see you noted in the forum.

Also, though this will probably get us into more trouble encounter-difficulty-wise, keep in mind that Mr. Scruffy is now ready to don his more monstrous forms in future battles.

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:01 pm

Well, the demon would have hit you to kill you, but you were CC'ed so it wasn't tactically advantageous for him to finish you off when there was still active opponents.

I completely underestimated how much Dmg Mr. Scruffy did. His first attack on the demon as a brain was something low like 4 dmg. His second round of attacks did a ton.

Do you have quicken? Maybe you it might be worth it as a feat just to get all those buffs up.
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:43 pm

Shao you may choose between one of the following for Is:

1) Is' also receives the Divine Is Bonus of 2k gold

or
2) Is gets the following template:
Returned of the Autumn Worm
+2 Wis, +2Dex
+2 to Ride

select a preferred Ashwurm:

1/encounter Is may command his preferred Ashwurm to "fly" on waves of sand (you're flying, but via sand lifting you) at his preferred ashwurms move + 10, maneuverability Average. This effect lasts 2 + Wis rounds, double that amount during a rage.

Last edited by PlatGreenThunda on Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:29 pm

Quicken spell only applies to prepared spells Sad  Otherwise I definitely would have taken it.

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:56 pm

Bah I didn't know that.

Wow that sucks.
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:52 pm

I dont feel like posting simply because I don't want to type out another wall of text.
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:44 pm

So what level should I be?

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:42 pm

level 13
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:40 pm

Hiro has 30k gold to spend on some cool item.  Any ideas?

Grape

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:47 pm

Bolt Shirt (5k, 60ft teleport move action (i think, might be a swift actiona actually))
Belt of Battle (12k, uber awesome item)
Boots of Speed (grants haste as a swift action, 12k)
Amulet of Second Chances (20k allows you to completely retake a turn)
Bone Ring? (20k protection from to energy drain/level loss
More enchantments on your item?
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:50 pm

Casting Glove (20k) is also kinda cool. You can store a magic item "in" it and then use that item whenever as if you were holding it in your hand.
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:32 pm

If you can find a bit more gold an item that anybody who buffs up or needs to get into position would LOVE: 

Boots of Temporal Acceleration 43k MiC

Swift action activate: you get 2 more turns where you can't interact w/ anybody.

They're sweet.  

Also would metamagic rods solve your "prepared only" problems for metamagic phillip?
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:27 pm

There's actually a feat that allows you to use metamagic. Remind me to re-look it up later. Ofc, buying an item is better.

KYLE ROLL SPUNKYS INITIATIVE LAZY BUM
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:29 pm

Accelerate Metamagic [General]
[RODR 98] You can apply a selected metamagic feat to your spells more
quickly than normal.
Prerequisite: Dragonblood subtype, Spellcraft 4 ranks, any
metamagic feat, ability to spontaneously cast 1st level spells.
Benefit: Choose a metamagic feat you know. You can apply the
selected metamagic feat to any spontaneously cast spell without increasing
the casting time.
Normal: Without this feat, metamagic spells with a normal casting
time of 1 standard action take a full-round action for spontaneous casters.
Metamagic spells with a casting time of longer than 1 standard action take
spontaneous casters an extra full-round action to cast.
Special: You can gain Accelerate Metamagic multiple times. Its
effects do not stack. Each time you take the feat, it applies to a new
metamagic feat.

This one allow you to use MMQuicken
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:40 pm

Hmm... I actually looked at the requirements again for Quicken Spell.  I think I actually am able to get it since I already have Rapid Metamagic, but I will have to wait until I get another feat...

Maybe Boots of Temporal Acceleration...

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:46 pm

Or I can just use Rapid Metamagic... It takes more levels to get to is the only disadvantage over Accelerate Metamagic, otherwise, it is way better and doesn't require Dragonblood subtype.

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:45 pm

Ok, I was just suggesting stuff, no need to be so mean :*(

I barely even know how meta magic works (except for DMM persist)
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:46 pm

wait... heck yeah rapid meta magic works.... do that, pretty dang sexy
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:58 pm

Also sorry I've been silent so long guys -- I've had little access to internet the last few days and was out of town (and ALSO w/o internet access) before that.  

Also note I'm still updating Spunky's gear since I DEFINITELY have a bunch of $ to spend since the last time I geared him.
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:58 pm

Kyle, 32500 gold to spend

Grape

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:09 pm

Spunky only gets half that amount as a monstrous humanoid btw
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:13 am

wut
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next