Realms of Kar'Kaish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe Character Discussion

+2
Admin
PlatGreenThunda
6 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe Character Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe Character Discussion

Post by PlatGreenThunda Fri May 31, 2013 12:10 am

I poked him
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe Character Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe Character Discussion

Post by PlatGreenThunda Fri May 31, 2013 3:59 pm

Let us all take a moment, as Is has passed away.
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Fri May 31, 2013 4:20 pm

So you guys can plan ahead.

After this encounter everyone gets 32500 to spend, this puts everyone back on the correct WBL. Everyone advances to level 13 as well.

As a Divine Is Bonus, granted by Is via his death. The party gets a bonus 2k each.Bonus was selected by Shao

Robe must pay 1k to regain Qarr.
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Fri May 31, 2013 4:43 pm

Also can we get a Eulogy for Is Kyle?
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by nightwolf145 Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:53 am

I am curious about something...

nightwolf145 carried out 100 launched of one D20 :
18 , 16 , 10 , 5 , 15 , 8 , 11 , 16 , 14 , 15 , 14 , 4 , 12 , 8 , 11 , 14 , 14 , 13 , 6 , 13 , 6 , 5 , 19 , 3 , 14 , 6 , 10 , 1 , 8 , 20 , 19 , 8 , 11 , 11 , 12 , 13 , 12 , 2 , 12 , 15 , 20 , 3 , 6 , 5 , 7 , 1 , 1 , 5 , 1 , 8 , 12 , 2 , 20 , 5 , 19 , 6 , 16 , 12 , 5 , 17 , 2 , 13 , 4 , 12 , 17 , 17 , 10 , 19 , 13 , 16 , 10 , 14 , 12 , 20 , 14 , 6 , 12 , 19 , 5 , 18 , 16 , 4 , 12 , 12 , 12 , 15 , 6 , 11 , 7 , 4 , 12 , 4 , 7 , 3 , 9 , 14 , 4 , 20 , 4 , 7

I'll do a bit of stats analysis on these, give me a bit.
nightwolf145
nightwolf145

Back to top Go down

Post by nightwolf145 Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:14 pm

Okay, so with that sample of a hundred rolls,

Mean is 10.51
Median is 11.5
Was too lazy to count every number to find mode
Sample Standard Deviation is 5.4337

In other words, the dice roller is pretty fair, with a huge deviation. So bad rolls are simply bad luck.
nightwolf145
nightwolf145

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:04 pm

Yeah... I don't remember what Is has done... I can't keep straight what he did vs what Van Kelsh did, vs what that warblade guy did...
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:30 pm

Kyle, you missed my post where Hiro said not to attack anymore. It should appear soon after the post where I told Spunky to attack Hiro.

Grape

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:16 pm

nightwolf145 wrote:Okay, so with that sample of a hundred rolls,

Mean is 10.51
Median is 11.5
Was too lazy to count every number to find mode
Sample Standard Deviation is 5.4337

In other words, the dice roller is pretty fair, with a huge deviation. So bad rolls are simply bad luck.

The Deviation actually makes sense because Die Rolls are supposed to be the same for every number (rather than normal). If you we're to take 10 of each number 1-20 )10 1's, 10 2's, etc. So what a dice SHOULD roll), the standard deviation is 5.780751286...

So this die roller is actually matching up pretty well, a probably larger sample should match even better.

WHERE IS IS' (wtf, is Is'?!?!) EULOGY
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:20 pm

Caligstro Smith wrote:Yeah... I don't remember what Is has done... I can't keep straight what he did vs what Van Kelsh did, vs what that warblade guy did...

List of acheivements of Is. (In chronological order since we started AU)

1) Beat up a commoner
2) Got arrested
3) Escaped Prison to get arrested with the group
4) Relaxed while the group fought a vampire
5) Joined the group outside the city walls to defend Gurrah
6) Fought the Crystal Gryphons in the pillars above acid fight, Umklet climbed on the walls so he stayed safe.
7) Was untrusting of Y'nul
Cool Fought and navigated the lava maze successfully
9) This

TBH, you have more to work with than what we had with Qarr.
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:35 pm

So did Mirror Image not have any effect on the attack redirection, or did he just successfully roll to him the actual me. Just trying to get a handle on how exactly these rules are working.

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:34 am

HAHAHA I LOVE IT. Mr. Scruffy, the giant brain tentacle monster!
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:40 am

Philliam wrote:So did Mirror Image not have any effect on the attack redirection, or did he just successfully roll to him the actual me. Just trying to get a handle on how exactly these rules are working.

The whiteness disappeared when he swung at the demon.

And both times it reappeared to hit you.

Whether that was random coincidence or because of the rules of the encounter is up to you to decide.

If you guys want, after the encounter, I will post how this dreamscape works.
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:27 pm

Can we get an updated map?

Grape

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:14 pm

I would... but I'm on the busy side.
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:55 pm

Mostly it's just there's stuff that's dead that wasn't before right? And spunky moved to the square on the left of hiro.
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:58 pm

And a Tiefling moved.

KYLE EULOGY NOW OR I KILL SPUNKY ON DEMONS NEXT TURN.
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:31 pm

CURSES UMKELT, YOU MADE ME HAVE TO LOOK UP THE RULES FOR ATTACKING INTO A GRAPPLE, AND THE RULES FOR MULTIPLE GRAPPLES ON ONE TARGET!

:p
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:39 pm

Importantish Questions

1) AU has always been basically "lets do interesting boss fights/encounters", however it obviously now has a plot going on. After the bird room fight would you guys like me to rapid summarize plot as we have done before? Otherwise it may take a while to get much done.

2) I wanted the final AU boss fight to end at lvl 15. But we're only lvl 12 and will be 13 after this fight. Would you guys rather me instabump everyone to lvl 15 after one more encounter, or play 2 more encounters after this one. (basically after this fight, not counting the BBEG, do you want to fight 1, 2, or 0 encounters?)

3) Is this current fight too hard?
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:04 pm

I think this current fight is just right. It's dangerous w/o being too awful. The sorrowsorn is a perfect challenge for this group.

I'm good with whatever with the leveling/how many encounters follow. Remember though we still have the stuff in the desert temple with Prince Altero of Kheld and Gherrick (assuming Tim's still up for doing that -- he's been pretty silent so far, but I recognize that he's not in the current encounter so maybe that's why).

IIRC I already rolled initiative for the Kobold Room fight, though I'm not sure if Tim did?

I'm good for a bit of plot recap to keep things focused and fresh. Although I'm not in any rush for us to wrap things up (not looking to drag it out either, but I think you get my meaning).
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:51 pm

Hey guys. If you want to know previous encounter details (or this ones after we're finished with it) you can check them out here.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15397951#post15397951
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:29 pm

I don't like the idea of the " Devil Army of One."

Grape

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:54 pm

It's ok, I got the next encounter planned and it's none of those currently.

Its far worse MWAHAHAHAHA!
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:44 pm

"while meowing in the way that only an Elder Thoon Brain can meow"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I love you pablo!
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:40 pm

Quote of the day -"but they all suck at hitting him b/c they're too busy whining about unimportant stuff like the loss of their loved ones"
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next